Welcome to our Emotion-Focused Parenting Workshop—an empowering online group session designed for caregivers of children and loved ones of all ages, from preschool through adulthood. This one day transformative workshop aims to provide valuable insights and practical tools to enhance your ability to respond confidently to your loved one’s emotions, navigate challenging behaviors, and engage meaningfully with their statements.
Understanding of Emotions Across the Ages:
- Explore the emotional development of children and loved ones from preschool through adulthood.
- Gain insights into age-appropriate ways of expressing and processing emotions.
- Enhance your communication skills to connect more deeply with your loved ones.
- Explore ways to express understanding and validate emotions, fostering a healthier dialogue including specific scripts you can use at home
Responding Confidently to Challenging Behaviors:
- Uncover effective techniques for managing and redirecting challenging behaviors with empathy.
- Develop a toolkit for responding to a variety of behavioral situations including the two step skill of emotion coaching.
Building a Strong Foundation:
- Learn strategies to create a supportive and open emotional environment at home.
- Discover the importance of empathy and emotional attument in fostering stronger connections.
Opportunities for practice and questions
Date & Time:
Saturday February 3, 2024 from 9:00am-12:00pm
Registration deadline by January 27
Tuesday February 13, 2024 9:00am-12:00pm
Registration deadline February 6
Platform: The workshop will be conducted online via Jane.app
Facilitator: Our experienced and compassionate facilitators Lois Ells and Dr. Laura Love are dedicated to providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment. Read more about them at the links below.
Fees : $125/registration (multiple caregivers can share the same screen)
Covered by most extended health benefits plans in NS, PEI, and ON. A receipt for social work services will be provided. If applicable, receipts can be submitted to health insurance providers (please check your coverage) or saved as a medical expense on income taxes.
Join us for this enriching Emotion-Focused Parenting Workshop and embark on a journey towards creating a harmonious and emotionally connected family dynamic. Boost your confidence in responding to your loved one’s emotions and challenging moments while building a stronger, more resilient relationship.
Invest in your family’s emotional well-being today. Register now and take the first step towards becoming a more confident and emotionally attuned caregiver.
If you have additional questions about the workshop or help deciding if it would be a good fit for you, please contact Lois or Dr. Laura directly.
Dr. Laura Love
Lois Ells MSW, RSW
Clinical Social Worker